Our favorite Korean Ground Beef recipe from DINNER THEN DESSERT!
- 1 pound of quality Hertzog lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger , minced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 green onions , only the green parts
- 6 cups napa cabbage , sliced
- 2 carrots , grated
- 2 green onions , diced from tip to tail, excluding the root
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat.
- Brown the meat with sesame oil, garlic and ginger.
- Drain 75% of the fat, add brown sugar, soy sauce, and Sriracha.
- Cook until the liquid has reabsorbed and the meat is shiny but not soupy.
- Top with green onions, toss together and serve.
- To make the slaw, put the Napa cabbage, carrots, sesame oil and canola oil in the skillet the meat just came out of.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until the water has evaporated.